Wednesday, September 1, 2010


I marvel at the ridiculous pace that our beautiful baby girl is progressing. It seems like yesterday that I was freaking out thinking I couldn't possibly make it another day with a newborn screaming her head off and wanting to nurse 24/7. As I look back on those not so distant days it seems like it took place years ago .Not only did we "make it through" those very tough colicky days, but we have now bonded with a relationship that only another mom could understand. It's almost as if those once crystal clear memories have faded into blurry dream like substances of the past.I truly can not believe that my baby girl is going to turn one in two months. I am holding back the tears as I type at this exact moment. I am already planning her Birthday party and can't seem to keep the phrase" I can't believe she is gonna be a year old already!" off my lips. So here is a long overdue update on our ever changing marvelous baby girl(I can still say that) Aubrey.

1.She is constantly practicing her walking. She can take about 5 steps on her own before plopping down on her cute tush.

2.she figured out her jungle toy! She now rolls the balls down the spiral and puts them in the elephant's ears :)

3.She thinks it is hilarious when dogs bark. it is one of the things that will make her bust a gut laughing!

4.She giggles at her mobile every morning while she falls asleep for her nap. It truly touches my heart EVERY time she does it.

5.She loves getting under blankets with us and "hiding".

6.Aubrey is one of the busiest children I have ever come across . and because of this she gets hurt a lot. She has torn her frenulum like 3 times! I think she also might have chipped her tooth!

7. She is starting to dance! Finally!

8. She still doesn't eat much table food because chunky food makes her gag.

9. She gets excited every day Grammy and Daddy come home.

10. she makes the most wonderful expressive faces. Especially with her eyebrows.

So we continue our ever changing journey of parenthood. Who knows what the future will hold,but I look forward to it with great anticipation!

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful ride! Enjoy every minute of it. Kisses and hugs to all of you. --Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kris,
    Aubs will always be your baby girl no matter how old she gets. The girls are 5 & 6 now and I still refer to them as my baby girls. I can't believe that she will be 1 in a few months either. It seems like yesterday she was born. One of these days I will get to meet her you angel. The mother-child relationship is one that a mother can only understand. I'm so glad that you were able to experience it. I know at times you thought you wouldn't experience motherhood, but you have and I'm so glad I have been able to watch Aubs grow (even if it has only been through FB). The joy & happiness she brings you & Dustin is simply beautiful.
    -Angela

    ReplyDelete